Today I will be looking at Hannah W., second oldest daughter of Edward Marden Jr. & his wife Elizabeth Annis.
Hannah W. Marden - Data not all verified
- 14-Feb-1815 - born in Lyman, NH
- 24-May-1840 - Lowell, MA married to Edward M. Hutchinson (Riley says she married Mr. Hutchinson)
- 1840-1870 - resided in Lowell, MA
- c1854 - birth of daughter, Henrietta B. “Etta”
- May-1870 - death of Edward in Lowell, MA
- Apr-1872 - marriage of daughter in Kalamazoo, MI
- 1880 - Kalamazoo, MI living with widowed daughter
Hannah W. Marden - Locations
- Lyman, NH - 1815 to c1824 as a child with her parents
- Albany, VT - c1820s as a child with her parents
- Lowell, MA - 1840 to 1870+
- Kalamazoo, MI - c1872 to 1880+
View Hannah W. Marden - Map in a larger map
The most important items to keep in mind about Hannah W. Marden are;
- she remained in Lowell, MA until the death of her husband
- as a widow she moved to Kalamazoo, MI where some of her relatives were living
- she had only 1 known child
- she is recorded as “white” in records
- she sometimes claimed Vermont as her birth place
I traced Hannah to Michigan with her daughter, Etta. Etta married her much older cousin, Alfred G. Marden (Mardin in the record) in Kalamazoo in 1872. By 1880 Etta is calling herself Rosa and is a widow with a 7 year old child. The really odd thing is Etta and the child are using the Hutchinson name and not Marden. However, Alfred Marden is not dead. He shows up in 1885 at the U.S. Home for Disabled Soldiers. His last residence is Paw Paw, Michigan. This data suggests the couple were divorced. I have not found any of them in the 1900 Census, nor have I located any death information for any of them.
What else should I try to learn about Hannah W. Marden?
- Can I verify her birth date?
- Can I verify I found the correct Mr. Hutchinson and the correct marriage?
- Can I learn more about her daughter
Are there any descendants out there that can provide additional information or perhaps photos?