The owner (Nancy Lecompte) of this blog is not compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the blog owners. If I claim or appear to be an expert on a certain topic or product or service area, I will only endorse products or services that I believe, based on my expertise, are worthy of such endorsement. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider.
This blog accepts donations for our sponsor, Ne-Do-Ba (a Maine Nonprofit 501(c)3 Corporation).
This blog receives commissions from affiliate programs, which at this time (Mar-2012) are as follows
This blog may contain content which some may see as conflict of interest. This content may not always be identified. Any such conflict of interest would most likely occur in relationship to my membership in certain organizations or access to the paid subscription services I use in my research. I would like to disclose the following
- New England Historical Genealogical Society - research member
- Maine Historical Society - member
- Bethel Historical Society - member
- Androscoggin Historical Society - life member and occasional paid speaker
- Maine Genealogical Society - member and occasional paid speaker
- Ancestry.com - paid subscription
- Fold3.com (Footnote) - paid subscription
- GenealogyBank - paid subscription
- Godfrey Library - paid subscription
- World Vital Records - paid subscription
- Diigo (online bookmarker service) - paid subscription
I occasionally assist non-fiction book authors with research (at no cost to them) for which I am generally credited by those authors for my assistance and frequently receive a free copy of the book for the Ne-Do-Ba library.
I am a corporate officer and a member of the Board of Directors for Ne-Do-Ba (the sponsor of this blog).
* If I’m given free products or services to review (and I’m really not into that) I’ll tell you I got it free if I decide to review it.
To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org
copyright ©2011-2012 Ne-Do-Ba